Menu
Highlighted
Matjoss10
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Email password reset

Hello, I have a Ntlworld.com email address and the missus has one too. I would of set this up for her 20 years ago or so. She has not been able to get her emails for a while now. I have received a letter today saying her email address has been sending out spam so they have blocked the address and to go on to the sign in page and click on forgotten password to re-set a new password. When you do this it asked for Mothers maiden name which we put in and her date of birth. An error came back saying this is wrong. So I used my mothers maiden name and my date of birth as it is technicaly my account. This was also wrong. So a message came up saying you will have to contact Mathew (which is me) to log into his account and re-set the password for you. I have scoured my account and can not find any mention of her email account and where to re-set her password.

Has anyone any idea where to find the right page to do this?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email password reset

If you get past that hurdle...

the account holder can access Primary email account details at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view

and Secondary email account details at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.

All Replies
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A long shot here, but try using uppercase/caps when inputting Mother's maiden name or the answers to any other security questions.

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you get past that hurdle...

the account holder can access Primary email account details at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view

and Secondary email account details at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers

Matjoss10
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic, thank you. The second link took me straight there.

All sorted.

SDC
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Matjoss10 wrote:

Fantastic, thank you. The second link took me straight there.

All sorted.

That's great news, thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

0 Kudos
David1968
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have a similar poroiblem. All my ****@ntlworld.com accounts have stopped working. Im using Windows Live Mail.

Unable to send or receive messages for the ******* account. The host 'pop.virginmedia.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'pop.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 11004

ive tried changing to pop.virginmedia.com and the other settings ive seen on this forum, but no luck. the accounts are quite old, and i have no idea what the pwds are for them either.... i also seem to have lost my free webspace i had (cannot connect via FTP)

any help much appreciated

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Probably best if you start a new thread - you may not have the same problem even though it may seem similar.

Besides, it's in the Community guidelines... http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage

0 Kudos
David1968
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ok, sorry...
0 Kudos
vwallis
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue yesterday and managed eventually to change my password. However when going to the page to change those on the secondary accounts that page is not available or as they say "oops something's broken" (we are not five year olds!) and it will soon be fixed.  Any one know when?

0 Kudos
gedmac
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

may I also add my thanks as the 2nd link sorted my problem as well

0 Kudos