Menu
Wozzerer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Email not working

I am unable to retrieve any of my Virginia media emails! For some reason all my email have stopped coming through and all the email that are already in my inbox will not open with the error message "Error while loading message content folder INBOX has been closed. Your request probably took too long" also when I delete my old emails they keep coming back! This problem has been going on for a few days now. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email not working

hiya @Wozzerer to check some basics, what domain does does your email address in end e.g. @blueyonder.co.uk, @virign.net, @VirginMedia.com, @ntlworld.com.. also are you still an active virginmedia customer?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Wozzerer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's @virginmedia and yes I'm still an active virginmedia customer.
0 Kudos
Wozzerer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's @virginmedia and yes I'm still an active virginmedia customer.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello Wozzerer

I am sorry you are having problems with an email address, if you would like me to check things here please drop me a PM with the email address concerned and a link to this tread, we will be happy to take a look.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello Wozzerer

Thanks for your message, the mailbox is looking active here, what logs we have also good. Please may I ask is it happening with Webmail or via a client. 

If it is Webmail please would you try deleting the browser history/cookies and see how that goes. In fact please let us know if the Webmail is working anyway.

If it is a client, which one is it? I wonder if it is a client or even a rogue firewall issue inhibiting communication. Perhaps to begin for diagnostic purposes try another one such as Thunderbird  settings here Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients and see how that goes.

Please keep us updated and let us know as much information as you have to hand.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Wozzerer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

I've been using emails via virginmedia.com website using Chrome and Internet Explorer also tried setting up Outlook since the problem started but nothing seems to work! (deleted emails keep coming back, no new emails coming through)

On my Android I have Email (Edison Software) & Gmail, plus the default email app, all work fine except Virgin Media!

Can I also add that this problem started gradually with the odd deleted email popping back over a few weeks until the whole thing stopped completely.

Hope this helps,

Warren

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello Warren

How about changing the password on the mailbox here My Virgin Media and then not updating it on any of your devices/clients. If you just use Webmail for the moment and it is okay that may suggest a possible client issue moving them with the power of IMAP, be interesting to see how that goes.

Thank you 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Are you using POP3 or IMAP?.

There is a known issue with POP3 in general (not just Virgin Media, I might add)  Where a malformed message can cause the pop3 download to stick.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Wozzerer
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim, it's IMAP.
0 Kudos