Menu
MacNala2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email not available via web

When I sign  in and try to access my email using the browser I get a response connection not available and a retry button clicking this gets the same response.

I cannot see my email via the web browser.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email not available via web

Read this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Slow-Email-page-loading/td-p/3277490

Not great news.

Solution - try another browser. But first clear your browser cache and cookies to see if that helps. Can work wonders or fail miserably but it is worth a try.

Odd that "retry" doesn't reload the page properly. It does for me. Try CtrlF5 instead. I user both when this kind of issue appears for me. Works eventually.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Read this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Slow-Email-page-loading/td-p/3277490

Not great news.

Solution - try another browser. But first clear your browser cache and cookies to see if that helps. Can work wonders or fail miserably but it is worth a try.

Odd that "retry" doesn't reload the page properly. It does for me. Try CtrlF5 instead. I user both when this kind of issue appears for me. Works eventually.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
MacNala2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the pointer. I do not normally access my email via a web browser but use Outlook 2013.

I resorted to trying the web browser to try to investigate the DMARC rejection of mail from LastPass. Specifically their responses to a support ticket I raised. Every time recently they send an update notice it gets to my mail forwarder but gets rejected by VM when it is forwarded.

I do not understand DMARC, DKIM or SPF but am learning the hard way.

ravenstar68 has ben helping me about this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know I've been following it closely. ravenstar68 asked you to agree an e-mail test so he can help determine the exact cause of the rejection which is likely due to the way your mail forwarder handles the process of sending the mail to you. Forwarding breaks SPF. You are being very cautious with him. I understand that.

It is quite safe to do as he asks. I have shared private information with him and he has respected absolutely its confidentiality. And it would be nice to know the name of your forwarder. We are aware of one or two that we know break SPF on forwarding because the do not rewrite the address of the sender. That makes the VM servers think the e-mail has come from somewhere it shouldn't have done.

That could well be the cause of your issue given the rule that Lastpass lay down on what to do with e-mail that fails DKIM or SPF; which is to reject the mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos