Menu
HappyPearl
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email - new iPhone

Hi. I got my new iPhone (iPhone x IOS 11.1.1) yesterday and was led to believe all settings would be transferred automatically.  I'm now finding that each time I open the mail app hundreds of emails from the virgin email account are downloading onto the phone marked as unread.  Each time I either mark them all as read, or delete them, the same number then seem to be downloaded to the phone from the server.  I've spoken to Apple - they say it's an issue with Virgin.  Any thoughts on how I can stop this.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Jomodu
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email - new iPhone

Not sure whether this will help but i am about to do the same eg new iphone. I went to the website email and archived all my emails and they were put into yearly folders. I was quite impressed. So, presumably when you add your VM account on the new iphone it will transfer all emails in the corresponding yearly folders. You can then delete each yearly folder on your New iphone thereby not having to delete each one individually. Dont know if this helps.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Jomodu
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email - new iPhone

Not sure whether this will help but i am about to do the same eg new iphone. I went to the website email and archived all my emails and they were put into yearly folders. I was quite impressed. So, presumably when you add your VM account on the new iphone it will transfer all emails in the corresponding yearly folders. You can then delete each yearly folder on your New iphone thereby not having to delete each one individually. Dont know if this helps.

0 Kudos