Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 32 (1,657 Views)

Email login issues

For the last few weeks or so whilst attempting to log in via webmail (is there any other way these days?) I have had to log in 2 or 3 times to actually get into the account.

Im using the correct details but it keeps looping back to the login screen or sometimes the VM home page then you have to click the Email button again and then login again.

For the last three days now I have not been able to access the account and am currently stuck in the Login sequence and clicking the 'I am not a robot' button then selecting pictures of 'mountains' 'taxis' or 'citrus fruits' but even though everything is correct I cannot get past this Robot page!

I have cleared my cache and all cookies and its still happening.

Im using Firefox on my home pc running Windows 10 and using a Mac in work and the issue is apparent on both!

Please can you guys help me as Im off on holiday soon and there are some important emails I need to access for flights etc!

Lee.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 32 (3,164 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by djleekee
‎13-03-2016 19:11

Re: Email login issues

Use an email client at home and hope Virgin Media resolve their sign in issues by the time you return from holiday; Using Virgin Media Mail with Email clients.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 32 (3,165 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by djleekee
‎13-03-2016 19:11

Use an email client at home and hope Virgin Media resolve their sign in issues by the time you return from holiday; Using Virgin Media Mail with Email clients.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 32 (1,573 Views)

Just incase it helps anyone else I changed my password and it now seems to let me in again.

Im still not entirely sure what the issue is but changing it resolved it for now!

Lee

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 32 (1,499 Views)

Since Google Chrome upgrade to v49 I've been unable to login at all - just sits with the 3 dots cycling and cycling and cycling and ...!  Firefox works ok, but I'd rather use Chrome.

Checking the error message (F12) suggests that VM have been told by Google months ago that Chrome (and other browsers eventually) will not be supporting a particular piece of code - but VM seem to have ignored the warnings. So, I'm not hopeful of being able to use Chrome again for a while - if ever!

A response from VM on all of these reported issues would be useful/helpful ... but I won't hold my breath!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 5 of 32 (1,486 Views)

pd91223 wrote:

Since Google Chrome upgrade to v49 I've been unable to login at all - just sits with the 3 dots cycling and cycling and cycling and ...!  Firefox works ok, but I'd rather use Chrome.

Checking the error message (F12) suggests that VM have been told by Google months ago that Chrome (and other browsers eventually) will not be supporting a particular piece of code - but VM seem to have ignored the warnings. So, I'm not hopeful of being able to use Chrome again for a while - if ever!

A response from VM on all of these reported issues would be useful/helpful ... but I won't hold my breath!

I don't think what you are seeing can be a general Chrome/VM fault as I can access VM Mail via Chrome 49.0.2623.87m.  

Have you tried the usual cure for the cycling log in screen? Clear the browser history and cookies relevant to Virginmedia?  If you are not sure how to do this a 'google' search will tell you.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 32 (1,464 Views)

Thanks, Graham. Tried all the usual "cures". Are you using Windows 10? I've had lots of issues with other site with Windows 10.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 32 (1,462 Views)

pd91223 wrote:
Thanks, Graham. Tried all the usual "cures". Are you using Windows 10? I've had lots of issues with other site with Windows 10.

No, I have chosen to stick with my stable version of Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 8 of 32 (1,448 Views)

pd91223 wrote:

I think you are referring to the RC4 (SSL) issue which was resolved 2 months ago.

See - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Removal-of-RC4-Ciphers/td-p/3021036

If you are having multiple difficulties with other sites as well as VM, it sounds like your upgrade to Win 10 has a few problems.

The first thing you need to do is run sfc /scannow which will examine your system for any corrupt or missing system files.

(Right click bottom left window, click command prompt (admin), say yes to “change system” challenge if that appears, key in sfc /scannow and hit enter (Note the space after sfc).

Full details here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929833

Make any changes suggested and re-boot.

I would also uninstall whatever version of Chrome you are using (via control panel) and then install the latest stable version released on 8th March. See - http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.co.uk/

Stable Channel Update

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 The stable channel has been updated to 49.0.2623.87 for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

I've upgraded all 3 of my personal systems to Win 10 and had to run sfc on one occasion to fix a file corruption.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 32 (1,408 Views)

Hi djleekee, 

Thanks for your post, I'm glad to see you have resolved the issue. It's always nice to get an update on these things as it can help other customers. 

If you need any additional help in the future let us know and we'll always be happy to help out. 

Many thanks 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 32 (1,402 Views)

Hi pd91223, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with the webmail on Windows 10. 

It would be worth going through the suggestions of BillC45, as he seems to have a lot of the issues covered Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos