Menu
Lassie9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email connection

When trying to connect to my email, I am often having the situation where something appears to be happening when in reality it is just `hanging' there.  The address line shows https@//mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/#!       The appsuite/#! is greyed out.  I end up disconnecting or refreshing (which sometimes works but more often does not).  This issue is very frequent and has probably been ongoing for 3/4 weeks - and I initially put it down to an problem Virgin had with regard to emails recently - but whatever these issues were seemed to have been remedied as no issues are signposted for my area.

I am thinking that my issue might be connected to a message available on the screen from Google which says "trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources".  This gives me the option to open unsafe scripts - which I am loathe to do because I do not want to open anything which might be unsafe.

I am not computer savvy - so technical talk needs to be simple for me to understand.  But I would really appreciate any advice or explanation as to what this might be and how to put it right.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email connection

Lassie9 wrote:

When trying to connect to my email, I am often having the situation where something appears to be happening when in reality it is just `hanging' there.  The address line shows https@//mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/#!       The appsuite/#! is greyed out.  I end up disconnecting or refreshing (which sometimes works but more often does not).  This issue is very frequent and has probably been ongoing for 3/4 weeks - and I initially put it down to an problem Virgin had with regard to emails recently - but whatever these issues were seemed to have been remedied as no issues are signposted for my area.

The grey coloured address text is normal.

I am thinking that my issue might be connected to a message available on the screen from Google which says "trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources".  This gives me the option to open unsafe scripts - which I am loathe to do because I do not want to open anything which might be unsafe.

When an 2016-10-26-01.png (an authenticated connection, HTTPS) exists between your web browser and a website a modern web browser will block attempts to load content over an unauthenticated connection (HTTP) to protect the user. The reason why you are seeing this warning is because there is an authenticated connections (HTTPS) to Virgin Media Mail and when an unexpected error occurs it attempts to load a script over an unauthenticated connection (HTTP) to direct the web browser to an error web page.

I am not computer savvy - so technical talk needs to be simple for me to understand.  But I would really appreciate any advice or explanation as to what this might be and how to put it right.

Thank you.

Until Virgin Media fix the issue you will have to continue attempting to resolve it by reloading the web page (either by Ctrl + R or Ctrl + Shift + R to bypass the web browser cache)

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Lassie9 wrote:

The grey coloured address text is normal.

When an 2016-10-26-01.png (an authenticated connection, HTTPS) exists between your web browser and a website a modern web browser will block attempts to load content over an unauthenticated connection (HTTP) to protect the user. The reason why you are seeing this warning is because there is an authenticated connections (HTTPS) to Virgin Media Mail and when an unexpected error occurs it attempts to load a script over an unauthenticated connection (HTTP) to direct the web browser to an error web page.

Thank you.

Until Virgin Media fix the issue you will have to continue attempting to resolve it by reloading the web page (either by Ctrl + R or Ctrl + Shift + R to bypass the web browser cache)

Lassie9
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Rising Star for your help.  I greatly appreciate your reply and I will raise it with Virgin Media as an issue.

Regards

0 Kudos