Menu
mvt77
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email confirm username

hi , I joined VM and trying to set up an email address but the page wont allow me to confirm my username and lig into the new account ? I keep getting a message to follow the link to confirm my username but how can I do that if I am not able to log into my VM email account ? any tips ? many thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email confirm username

If you're getting asked to confirm your username then you're not setting up a new email address, but trying to change the username on an existing My Virgin Media account.

To create a new email address see here https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
mvt77
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi , thanks for your reply . Still the same message am getting on the screen . I created a new account but in order to confirm my user name it's asking me to log in . I can't log in that's the problem . It's running around in circles !
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can't change an existing Virgin Media email address on a My Virgin Media account to another Virgin Media email address.

The change username option is there so you can change the My Virgin Media username to a third party email address that you already have access to e.g. Hotmail or Gmail.

So you should log in to the My Virgin Media account using your existing details and then cancel the username change request (which will be shown in the My Profile section in the same place where you requested to change it).

To use the new Virgin Media email address you've created when you followed the steps above, you need to log out of the mail My Virgin Media account and then log in to it separately using the new username and password details you entered when you created the new email address.
0 Kudos
mvt77
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there a number I can call to get help with this ? I was never able to log in to my VM email at all .
Thanks for your reply .
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

150 from a Virgin Media home phone or mobile or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and follow the options for Broadband faults
0 Kudos