Menu
PSLaw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email bounce back

Hi

Like many others VM are rejecting my incoming mail (@blueyonder.co.uk) from certain organisations (possibly more I don't know about). The following message is what the sender receives on bounce back.

host mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net [212.54.56.11] SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:554 5.2.0 Ae6C1u01L29N8f101e6DT2 Spam content found

Could someone please clarify if the fault is with the sender or VM and what one can do about it.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email bounce back

The first thing to check is that you have changed your spam settings away from the default reject all to 'move to spam folder'.

See this post from a fellow Superuser: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/m-p/3026118#M129705

PSLaw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for prompt reply Graham. Looks like a good place to start. I'll give it a go as soon as VM email is up and running again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PSLaw wrote:
Thanks for prompt reply Graham. Looks like a good place to start. I'll give it a go as soon as VM email is up and running again.

VM email isn't down.  Just click on the link relevant for your email address:

If your email address ends in @VirginMedia.com click here
If your email address ends in @ntlworld.com click here
If your email address ends in @blueyonder.co.uk click here
If your email address ends in @virgin.net click here

PSLaw
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well something is up - had this for last 18 hours.

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
PSLaw
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Graham

Ok, spam setting changed to 'Move message to Spam folder'. I will initiate a few test emails over the next few days to see if this has sorted it. In the meantime thanks for your assistance.

Paul

0 Kudos