Menu
Stevemon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email auto forwarding stopped on 1 secondary account

Automatic forwarding stopped working on 1 of my secondary accounts about 1 month ago. I have searched the forum and found several answers. Most refer to logging into webmail and check the settings. I can't log into any account other than my main Virgin account. Help please.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email auto forwarding stopped on 1 secondary account

When did you last successfully log into the secondary account either via webmail or an email client?  If this was more than 90 days ago then the email address will have been suspended.  If you do not take action to get it restored the mailbox is permanently closed after another 60 days.

What error messages do you get when you try to log into the secondary account in webmail?

Stevemon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Graham_A wrote:

When did you last successfully log into the secondary account either via webmail or an email client?  If this was more than 90 days ago then the email address will have been suspended.  If you do not take action to get it restored the mailbox is permanently closed after another 60 days.

What error messages do you get when you try to log into the secondary account in webmail?

I never actually sign in to the secondary accounts cos they are all auto forwarded to my gmail account. Even if I try to logon to web mail it just loops around requesting I confirm I'm not a robot with a series of images to tick, unless I log onto my main email address.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In that case it is highly likely that the secondary mailbox has been closed.  This would explain why forwarding has stopped.

You could check the status of the email address using an email checker such as this one: http://verify-email.org/ or by ringing into VM and selecting the broadband faults option and getting them to check the status.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

Stevemon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Tried the email checker and result was ok. Will try faults. I will post the answer.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Stevemon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorted. Called broadband faults. Turns out that my password had been changed due to suspicious spam email. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Stevemon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Graham_A wrote:

I never actually sign in to the secondary accounts cos they are all auto forwarded to my gmail account. Even if I try to logon to web mail it just loops around requesting I confirm I'm not a robot with a series of images to tick, unless I log onto my main email address.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In that case it is highly likely that the secondary mailbox has been closed.  This would explain why forwarding has stopped.

You could check the status of the email address using an email checker such as this one: http://verify-email.org/ or by ringing into VM and selecting the broadband faults option and getting them to check the status.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

Stevemon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Tried the email checker and result was ok. Will try faults. I will post the answer.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Stevemon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorted. Called broadband faults. Turns out that my password had been changed due to suspicious spam email. 

0 Kudos