Menu
angel1j
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email attachments

Hi all, is it possible to attach recieved emails to a 'fresh' email? I need to send an email that requires two emails from different parties to be attached. I cant see a way of doing this any suggestions/help appreciated

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email attachments

This question probably has as many answers as there are e-mail clients – and that's a lot, so, I'll answer just 3 possibilities.

1. E-mail client

Some e-mail clients allow you to attach another email as an attachment. Outlook, for example, allows you to do this. Others may not. You have to read the specific guidance for each client.

2. Webmail (recommended)

The simplest answer is probably this -

You have email A

You have email B

You want to send a new email C to someone with A & B attached.

Create a new text or document file N.

Open A and copy the complete content to N.

Open B and copy/add the complete content to N. Close & save N.

Compose new email C, attach N and send it.

3. Webmail (not recommended)

When you open an email in webmail, you have an option (under Actions) to “save as file”.

If you do this it downloads the file from the email server to your Downloads folder.

The file is in EML format.

There are various free converters which will convert EML files to other formats – such as PDF. You can Google these.

So you could save email A, then email B, convert each to PDF and then attach both PDFs to new email C.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This question probably has as many answers as there are e-mail clients – and that's a lot, so, I'll answer just 3 possibilities.

1. E-mail client

Some e-mail clients allow you to attach another email as an attachment. Outlook, for example, allows you to do this. Others may not. You have to read the specific guidance for each client.

2. Webmail (recommended)

The simplest answer is probably this -

You have email A

You have email B

You want to send a new email C to someone with A & B attached.

Create a new text or document file N.

Open A and copy the complete content to N.

Open B and copy/add the complete content to N. Close & save N.

Compose new email C, attach N and send it.

3. Webmail (not recommended)

When you open an email in webmail, you have an option (under Actions) to “save as file”.

If you do this it downloads the file from the email server to your Downloads folder.

The file is in EML format.

There are various free converters which will convert EML files to other formats – such as PDF. You can Google these.

So you could save email A, then email B, convert each to PDF and then attach both PDFs to new email C.

angel1j
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I will try op' 2 for webmail as your description is exactly what I am trying to do :-)
0 Kudos
susiesoo
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I wanted to attach two emails to a new emails  - when i saw this I was shocked, the work around Really.

Not great I have a second email and a work email and both have this facility. Clearly VM email is not a powerful enough tool for my purposes.

0 Kudos