Menu
G8crasher1873
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email address and password missing

Two weeks ago I found I could not get into my "blueyonder" email. When I tried to change my password I was told the account could not be verified. I then tried username, which told me this username did not exist. I do not have a virgin media account anymore so I can't contact them on the phone, and chat is always busy. Is there a phone number I can use which doesn't ask for an account number or virgin media phone number? I have a lot of important messages saved on this account and must get it back asap. What else is there for me to do?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email address and password missing

If you no longer have Virgin Media broadband, there may not be anything that can be done.

Email services are only available for customers of Virgin Media broaband. Normally when the broadband account closes, you'd have 90 days before the associated email accounts also closed.

You can still get through on the phone without account details (just don't enter anything at the prompts and it will exit to the support menu), but as I said there may not be any way of reactivating the account.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The position is quite straightforward. If you do not have a live paid for VM subscription you are not entitled to a VM e-mail address or account. When you left VM the address should have been closed 90 days later. Some slip through this net and continue. But it looks like VM have caught up with you and like the famous supermarket slogan - "when it's gone, it's gone".

If you want to check you can phone VM on 0345 454 1111 and stay on the line till the menu options clear. You can then discuss but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
G8crasher1873
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I left virgin media over 4 years ago and only now i don't have my email account. I thought that i would at least get some sort of notice of intent. Just seems funny how it all just stopped with no explanation.

0 Kudos