Menu
southwestgooner
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email account transfer to a family members account.

To whoever can help,

My in-laws have recently moved house and are now in an area of Clevedon (BS21) with no VM services. They spoke to VM about this prior to the move but they were unable to help so have had to cancel their contract through no fault of their own.
They were though informed prior to the cancellation that it would be possible to transfer their email accounts to a family member who has a VM account which is me. 

Can anyone help me in what needs to be done to transfer their emails, accounts, mailboxes over to my account ??

Looking forward in anticipation of some help in achieving a positive resolution to this issue.

Cheers,

Steve.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email account transfer to a family members account.

Before you go any further thinking this is a solution (which it may be) bear this in mind. Yes it is possible and the Forum Team when they pick up this thread will help. But it will at the cost of you losing all your current e-mails and your e-mail address when the two accounts are merged. That means anything stored on the VM web mail servers will go. You will need to download and store anything you wish to keep onto your own PC before the merge takes place - mail and contacts. And your current VM e-mail address will be gone for ever. You will have to create a new one.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Before you go any further thinking this is a solution (which it may be) bear this in mind. Yes it is possible and the Forum Team when they pick up this thread will help. But it will at the cost of you losing all your current e-mails and your e-mail address when the two accounts are merged. That means anything stored on the VM web mail servers will go. You will need to download and store anything you wish to keep onto your own PC before the merge takes place - mail and contacts. And your current VM e-mail address will be gone for ever. You will have to create a new one.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A better solution would be for your relatives to set up their own e-mail accounts with GMail, Outlook.com, GMX or even Yahoo and leave yours well alone. That way when they move again they will have a non-ISP linked e-mail address and none of you will have this problem. I strongly advise this solution rather than the one you are planning.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi southwestgooner, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your relatives are having to cancel their services. 

As mentioned by HowardML, we are able to transfer their VM email accounts to yours however in doing so, theirs would replace yours.

Your Primary email address would become whatever they set theirs as and whoever has access to that can in fact log in to your My VM account. 

If you would like to go ahead, then contact the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and ask for a Move and Transfer to be done. 

Both account holders would need to be present to pass security though. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos