Menu
JordanMooney
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email account recovery

Hi there, this has been a very long ordeal and I would be eternally great film if someone could help me.

I have lost access to a Microsoft hotmail account as it was hacked, I had to go through a process to recover it but microsoft's system has deemed that the information I have given isn't enough so I must go through the only other way of getting access to the account. The other way is that they send an email to the their account I stated when I made the account, which at the time was a family "blueyonder" account which we had when we got broadband through virgin media.

This is where the problem lies, as we no longer have an account with virgin media the account seems to have vanished and I cannot gain access to it. The email account in question contains a lot of important university coresondances and a lot of email addresses of friends I made while travelling. I desperately need access to it and this seems to be the only way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Jordan Mooney
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email account recovery

Well you may not like this reply. If you have been away from VM for more than 90 days the blueyonder address will have been deleted and all its contents lost. If you want to check, as a last resort, because some addresses do escape deletion then phone 0345 454 1111, stay on the line and wait for the menu options to pass and you'll get through.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
JordanMooney
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's been over 2 years at least. So there is literally nothing that can be done ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the address has been deleted then you have summarised the position well. Try a call.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
JordanMooney
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I said I've already tried to log in and I couldn't get access, presumably because it has been deleted. Making the call will likely not help. Deeply dissapointed to hear this.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How hard is it for you to take advice?  I would not have said what I have said if I didn't think there was a small chance that the address hadn't been deleted (some do escape). The fact that you can't log in does not necessarily indicate that the address has gone for ever.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos