Menu
PaulSc1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email Slow Arriving

Hi there,

Thought I posted a note yesterday but can't seem to see it, so trying again!

We have our email forwarded to our "ntlworld" email address from our domain.  Over the last few weeks emails have been taking up to 2 days to arrive.  Have now checked this out with our forwarding providers, who have checked the headers of a delayed email and found that the delay is at virgin media.  Apparently the virgin media server is closing the connection when the forwarding server tries to deliver.  The forwarding server keeps trying and it can take up to 2 days to get through.

Any ideas how to fix this problem or is it connected to the recent email fault.

All the best

Paul

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Slow Arriving

You post from yesterday can be found here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Emails-being-delayed/m-p/3336587

Tip: To find your previous posts just click on your user name and it will take you to the About PaulsSc1 page.

A forum team member will get to your post in a few days and will probably ask you to supply the header details of the delayed mail.

PaulSc1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Slow Arriving

Thanks for that Graham.  I tried to find it on the Email board, but can't have looked far enough down the list.

All the best

Paul

0 Kudos