Menu
mamachill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email Settings Change

Hi several bugbears, firstly you put up a status about improvements to the email service with a whole list of techno jargon, which is wonderful if you're a techie, but how on earth do you expect the average joe to understand, the pensioners, the non techie etc  and then shut off reply so nobody can respond and instead do the usual of  passing the buck and just say to ask in the forum?  If that's not bad enough it's like the krypton factor just trying to log in these days, three dots just keep going on....and on....and on... it takes ages and i have to keep coming out and trying again...Then...I'm made to click I'm not a robot, Then... click on pictures that even with bionic eyesight you'd be hard pushed to work out. This isn't new, there's been lots of complaints about these problems for a considerable amount of time from others too and yet, Nothing, zilch, Nadas been done which quite frankly shows a total lack of respect for your customers. Many moons ago when this all started and I spoke to your complaints manager, even her response was classic, as i was told  customers are paying for broadband connection not email so to just use another email service????? So what's the point in Virgin offering an email service if they're not bothered whether its used or efficient?  When i've gone to the trouble of setting up virgin email and giving the address out and printed it on cards etc I don't think it's too much to be hacked off when it's not good? Meanwhile I just  keep hoping that someone somewhere at Virgin are  going to pull their finger out and actually do something constructive. ;( 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Settings Change

The announcement about email settings changes makes​ it clear that if you only access your VM email via the webmail page, which your post suggests you do, then you don't have to change anything.

If you choose to carry on using VM webmail then you will have to carry on using the well publicised techniques of regularly refreshing the page and clearing your browser cache.
mamachill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but yes i already do this,  & often you have to refresh the page three or four times before it will load , other times it just won't load at all, just a couple of pulsating dots, but try again half an hour later and it comes up no problem,  Ever since Virgin changed their email this has been a problem, I've seen many other posts with same/similar problems, I've spoken to them, but just keep going around the same houses with their solutions, have you tried a different brwoser etc etc, there's clearly no clue, and the usual, we're working on things and hopefully you'll see an improvement....but what century? Seeing as this has been going on for so long it's annoying and frustrating that nothings been done to rectify  it.  Still appreciate your response, so thanks again.  Mc Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Something is being done about it by VM. They are trying to sort it. So far they haven't been successful.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos