Menu
Robert778
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Email POP3 not working

Hi, my virgin.net POP3 email stopped working in Windows Live Mail last week. Is there a problem with the system or did they change the server settings? Works on logging in via web.

Thanks.

Robert 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email POP3 not working

What stopped - sending, receiving or both?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Robert778
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, both - and I tried updating the server details to those on virgin media website:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you get in and receive and send via web mail? and was was the result of you trying to update or updating. You'd better set out your SMTP and POP settings. I have little to go on otherwise. This is all too vague.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Robert778
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sure - I can get in and send and receive via web email.

My WIndows Live just suddenly stopped working. I use the server settings as per link in previous message and advised by VirginMedia...

Hope you can help!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I should read more carefully. This is a virgin.net address. Are you a VM broadband customer?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Robert778
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No - am not VW broadband customer.

But after several days of not working it has just suddenly started and appears to be trying to download my entire email history!

Anyhow, that's great - there must have been some kind of service interruption/outage.

Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Warning. Addresses not linked to live VM BB accounts are and always have been at risk. VM do not provide a free e-mail service to non-customers. These addresses date from old dial up accounts when VM got a share of the call revenue. You could lose the address permanently at any time and without warning. Count yourself lucky this time. VM are running purges of such accounts. I suggest you consider a new address with another non ISP related web mail provider.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks