Menu
SteveVincent41
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email Notifications

Hi,

I'm getting several notification daily regarding undeliverable emails allegedly sent from one of my accounts.  Each comes with an attachment (which I never open)...  Can they just be ignored?

Steve

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Notifications

Absolutely not. Would you ignore snail mail apparently addressed to you that looks suspicious? You would not. E-mail is no different.

This probably a simple case of spoofing and you are seeing the bounce messages from undeliverable mail. You get them because the e-mail system thinks the mail is coming from you when it is not. Read this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Spoofing/td-p/2941294

But it might be a symptom of something more serious. So read and do what what is described here, to be on the safe side:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Notifications

To back up what Howard is saying.

I wouldn't simply ignore the problem, but what I would do is look at the From: address on the bounce message.

If it says mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com - then assume your account password has been hacked.  Seeing the bounce messages would help.  Obviously don't put your full email address on this Forum through..

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos