Menu
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 1 of 215
Flag for a moderator

Email Blacklists / Mail not being sent

Hi

We've seen some examples of emails not being sent, with recipients being sent a message regarding blacklists.

For more information about blacklists, and how they work, please read this article.

If you are experiencing this problem, please follow the following steps,.

1. Use SMTP authentication

If you are using a Virgin Media provided email account, please use the secure SMTP settings.

Port

Server name

smtp.virginmedia.com / smtp.ntlworld.com /  smtp.blueyonder.co.uk / smtp.virgin.net

SMTP Authentication Enabled (on a Mac - select Password)

SMTP Username Your full email address

SMTP Password Your email password

If you have your own domain, but don’t have SMTP Authentication, set your SMTP server to an official one supplied by your ISP. You don’t need to change your POP3 settings if you can collect email from your domain.

2. Did this solve the problem?

Yes - then use SMTP Authentication from now on.

No - then please post a reply below, and we'll be in touch to get this escalated accordingly.

For the ease of all users, please only reply in this thread as directed above.

All other posts will be removed.

For more information on Blacklists, please read the article here.

Thank you.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anabel
Tuning in
Message 2 of 215
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Blacklists / Mail not being sent

Hi James,

In response to your message, I am having problems with some of the emails I send using my VM email account (virginmedia.com) when sending through my mobile (mobile network O2). It doesn't happen with all the emails but with many of the emails I send (it appears to be when I am not connected through a wi-fi connection, that is, when I'm using my mobile outside home. Below are examples of the delivery failure messages I get: 

"This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-11-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. The message is attached below. The remote mail system said: SC-001 (BAY0-MC3-F41) Unfortunately, messages from 81.104.62.43 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors."

"This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-11-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. The message is attached below. The remote mail system said: SC-001 (COL0-MC5-F13) Unfortunately, messages from 81.104.62.43 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors."

"This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-11-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. The message is attached below. The remote mail system said: Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached"

"This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-8-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. The message is attached below. The remote mail system said: SC-001 (COL0-MC4-F19) Unfortunately, messages from 81.104.62.40 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors."

I can confirm that the outgoing settings on my mobile are:

SMTP server: smtp.virginmedia.com

Security type: SSL

Port: 465

“Require Sign in” is selected with the details of username and password.

I have been in contact with O2 and they directed me to the following link to get the ISP settings for Virgin media:

http://www.o2.co.uk/ispsettings

However they only have settings for Virgin.net and not Virginmedia.com which is my account. I enquired about this to O2 and they said I should get in contact with VM.

I would be grateful if you could advise on how to have this problem resolved. I have reported this via the Netreport page http://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/index.php. but the problem has not been resolved.

Many thanks,

Anabel

0 Kudos
kevinfisher
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 215
Flag for a moderator

This does not solve my issue which has been explained in detail in this post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Mail-Server-Blocking-my-emails/td-p/2236135

The problem still exisits

0 Kudos
Stevemurphy
Joining in
Message 4 of 215
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Tried option 1 and still not getting messages out so going for option 2!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 215
Flag for a moderator

Stevemurphy wrote:

Hi

Tried option 1 and still not getting messages out so going for option 2!

Hi Stevemurphy do you have any examples of bounce messages?  The more information we can gather for the email team the better?

Confirm your smtp is definitely set to port 465 SSL and require password on (Not SPA though).

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 6 of 215
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anabel,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I'm sending you a private message so that we can get this resolved.

Apologies again, and best wishes.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 7 of 215
Flag for a moderator

Hi kevinfisher,

Again, many apologies for the delay in replying.

I've sent you a private message regarding this.

Best wishes,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 215
Flag for a moderator

@James_W 

Any update on the faults for Anabel and KevinFisher?

Ravenstar68

0 Kudos
andersjp
Tuning in
Message 9 of 215
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having the same issue both from my home PC and from my mobile phone.

Example of the bounceback email I get is:

This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-1-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. The message is attached below. The remote mail system said: SC-001 (SNT004-MC2F6) Unfortunately, messages from 81.104.62.33 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 215
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked your outgoing settings conform to those in the first post?

ravenstar68

0 Kudos