Menu
sikin
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

EMail signing in

I have been having trouble especially if I want to access my mailbox a second time. I have had to sign in about 10/15 times and have given up as the verification panel asking me to identify stupid things, the screen flashes and is lost so have to start all over again. in the past I was told it was because of security ie protecting my mail but surely this is ridicules. luckily I have two email address with VM so alternate to access my mail box but I feel strongly that VM should have another option if they think someone is fraudulently trying to access someone's mail box. next time it happens am going to complain about this.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: EMail signing in

A mail client is a separate program.  One of my personal favourites is Thunderbird.  Not least because it's been updated with the correct settings to add Virgin Media email accounts with little fuss.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

There are others just do a search.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If appropriate try the audio challenge by clicking 2016-02-21-02.png or use an email client.

0 Kudos
sikin
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but can you explain what an Email client is? sorry I am thick!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A mail client is a separate program.  One of my personal favourites is Thunderbird.  Not least because it's been updated with the correct settings to add Virgin Media email accounts with little fuss.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

There are others just do a search.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
sikin
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks; will give it a try but I wish VM would change their security to something a little more straightforward.

regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi sikin, 

Thanks for getting in touch, did you manage to get things sorted with the email sign in? 

Did the advice of using an email client help you to get things sorted? 

If you are still having trouble let us know and we'll be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sikin
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

no, I didn't try another client and for the past few days was ok but today I had just signed out and remembered something but could I sign in again? NO 15 times I was asked for password and when the picture to verify came up it didn't stay long enough on the screen to do any verifying. I spoke with someone at VM and they wanted to do remote but I wasn't really happy as I have heard that Resuce 123 isn't secure enough there may be a scam going on so left it. my computer is oldish but it has served me ok for emails to family and friends. I just want VM to create something simple for security not the rubbish about I am not a robot thingy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi sikin, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble. 

So we can try to get to the bottom of this please advise of the following:

Is the operating system you are using currently up to date?

Do you have the same trouble on all browsers? 

Is the browser version up to date? 

It may also help to clear the cache and cookies. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sikin
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

I am using windows 7 Home Premium and the browser is up to date. I don't have any problems with anyone/anywhere else only for VM when I wish to resign in to my mail box. I am now seriously thinking of cancelling my broadband package. (I already cancelled the tv package).  it is a nuisance for me to keep having to sign in and write my password up to 15 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I always clear out cache and cookies at the end of each session on the computer. my main use for the computer is for family and friends overseas via emails. I am seriously fed-up. I expect VM to have a simpler system to verify security not the rubbish who ever invented.

regards

sikin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi sikin, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the information provided. 

Windows 7 isno longer supported (please be aware link is external and we're not reponsible for its contents) so this is likely to be the issue. It is possible that the security certificate will be out of date to date the browser version.

If  you are planning on continuing to use older OS then client mail would probably be a better option for you and make access to your emails easier. 

I hope this helps. 

Emma

0 Kudos