Menu
misterdog
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

EMAIL FARCE.

The VM email system is a disgrace.

Victorian security and more leaks than a sieve.

See page 10 section 47 to see the conduct of the 2 companies tasked by VM to handle our email information.

https://www.unitedstatescourts.org/federal/cand/294900/1-0.html

Yet VM claim that during this debacle there was no breach of our information - how would they know ?????

Muppets.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: EMAIL FARCE.

As has been pointed out to you before, those companies have nothing to do with the VM Email system.

11/10 Good post, would read again. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
misterdog
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I notice the spoofing 'sticky' has now been accessed 12500 times.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Spoofing/td-p/2941294

As I recall before Christmas the official line was that is was just a few isolated cases......

And still the keystone cops have no idea how to solve the problem, because there is no solution apart from abandoning VM mail, as far as I can see.

VM are still persuing their litigation limitation strategy of telling customers it is their fault and they need to change their passwords because it is  their equipment that has been compromised.

I have changed my password 18 times now.... and still it keeps coming.

I think fairly soon VM will be brought to task over this outrage.   

Matt1959
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re. that spoofing sticky - interestingly, when you go to click for info on a link on that page on what to do if your contacts appear to have been spoofed ....which is what we are all REALLY interested in,  its...........

"oops something's broken. We're sorry this isn't the page you were looking for"

thats helpful then Smiley Indifferent

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Matt1959 wrote:

Re. that spoofing sticky - interestingly, when you go to click for info on a link on that page on what to do if your contacts appear to have been spoofed ....which is what we are all REALLY interested in,  its...........

"oops something's broken. We're sorry this isn't the page you were looking for"

thats helpful then Smiley Indifferent

Good spot.  The link should go to here: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=2080958B-EA85-40B5-B338-694D2F2ADA1B

VM have been updating their help pages recently and a lot of links have gone awal as a result.  I will report it to the powers that be.

misterdog
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Spoofing sticky solves nothing.

2. Log in to My Virgin Media, and update your password and security question. When changing your password, we recommend choosing a 'strong' password to improve the security of your account. For more information on choosing a 'strong' password, see How to choose a strong and secure password and see, How do I update my details in My Virgin Media? on how to update your security question and password.

Maybe in Victorian times a 9 character password was considered strong, computing power has moved on since then.

Spoofing someones email account would not allow the Spackers access to all our email records and hence all our contacts.

The reality is that thousands/tens of ? accounts have either been hacked or the email servers have been breached during the migration.  

0 Kudos