Menu
Tash83
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

E-mail set up on iPhone

I cannot send e-mails from my iPhone. I can receive e-mails fine but when it comes to sending e-mails it says my password and login details are not correct. I have tried changing my e-mail address through the webmail and still I can not send e-mails. My phone automatically sets the outgoing mail server to smtp.ntlworld.com so I have changed this to smtp.virginmedia.com and still the issue has not been resolved.

I have now purchased a laptop and want to set my NTL World account up on my outlook. I have tried setting the account up as IMAP but upon testing the account settings it says it can not log in to the incoming mail server and connot connect to the out going server. Again I have set these servers up as imap.ntlworld.com for the incoming and smtp.virginmedia.com for the outgoing.

Can you please advise what I need to do to rectify these issues as if they are not sorted soon I will have to look at setting up a new e-mail address which I really do not want to have to do.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-mail set up on iPhone

A good place to start is with this thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...