Menu
Bouedo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

E-mail not delivered to my inbox mx6.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net

One of my good friends is trying to send me an e-mail and he keeps getting it bounced back from both my virgin media address and my ntlworld address with the following message:-

mx6.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses:

mx6.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net gave this error: Dynamic/Generic hostnames are blocked. Please contact your Email Provider. Your IP was 88.98.88.50. Your hostname was 88-98-88-50.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk.

This message was rejected by the recipient e-mail system. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try resending this message, or contact the recipient directly.

What do I need to do to allow these messages to come through?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-mail not delivered to my inbox mx6.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net

You need to tell him to get his e-mail configuration for sending sorted out. Read this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/m-p/3157506/highlight/true#M129655

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Bouedo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML for your response.

That's pretty technical stuff in the link - way over my head and will be over his too so I'll have to see if I can find out who his ISP and go to them direct. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They will not deal with you. Your friend is the customer and their ISP will only deal with the customer. Data protection rules common throughout the world.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can tell you who his ISP is - it's Zen Internet.  But the problem isn't with the ISP themselves.

Looking at the IP address it's a static address - these are usually not handed out to residential customers.  So therefore we can conclude it's a business address.  A little more searching finds it belongs to a company called Overton Uk Ltd.  So based on that I would assume that your friend is trying to use his works email to contact you.

Now if he owns the company he'll have to go to Zen and get them to sort out his reverse zone.  If not he'll have to contact the IT department at Overton and get them to sort it.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.