Menu
Highlighted
rob42all
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone please tell me why it can two or three attempts to download my E-Mails. Sometimes when I click for e-mails get a blank screen.. Other times comes up with "logging on" then get 3 circles flashing no E-Mails. Log off then have to prove im not a "ROBOT" Fed up with it. Feel like going for another provider.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SDC
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: E-Mail

rob42all wrote:

... Log off then have to prove im not a "ROBOT" Fed up with it...

Instead of logging off, perform a refresh (F5) or hard-refresh (Ctrl+F5) - it's only a quick&dirty workaround and not a fix but it usually gets users past the 3 circles. You may have to refresh more than once.

Learning one day at a time how it works, breaks, and gets fixed.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation,
send Guinness to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... I work for peanuts.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

The short answer to your question is that the VM web platform is a mediocre product which fails too often. It has been plagued with exactly these problems for a long time. VM do not seem to be able to fix it, yet. Though we are told they are working on it. 

You have a few choices

1. Change your browser. Often  different browser works better

2. Use an e-mail client to manage your mails. Guidance here - Thunderbird is given a good report and sets itself up automatically for VM , so you don't have to manually configure the servers settings.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

3. Use a non-ISP related e-mail for your main traffic. That is what I decided to. GMail and Outlook.com are the big ones but there are many others. Dedicated e-mail providers tend to have abetter relaibility and usability record tha ISP linked products. 

I've been with VM and predecessor companies for more than 30 years now. I don't give this advice lightly!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
SDC
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

rob42all wrote:

... Log off then have to prove im not a "ROBOT" Fed up with it...

Instead of logging off, perform a refresh (F5) or hard-refresh (Ctrl+F5) - it's only a quick&dirty workaround and not a fix but it usually gets users past the 3 circles. You may have to refresh more than once.

Learning one day at a time how it works, breaks, and gets fixed.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation,
send Guinness to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... I work for peanuts.
0 Kudos