Menu
Highlighted
rob42all
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone please tell me why it can two or three attempts to download my E-Mails. Sometimes when I click for e-mails get a blank screen.. Other times comes up with "logging on" then get 3 circles flashing no E-Mails. Log off then have to prove im not a "ROBOT" Fed up with it. Feel like going for another provider.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: E-Mail

rob42all wrote:

... Log off then have to prove im not a "ROBOT" Fed up with it...

Instead of logging off, perform a refresh (F5) or hard-refresh (Ctrl+F5) - it's only a quick&dirty workaround and not a fix but it usually gets users past the 3 circles. You may have to refresh more than once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

The short answer to your question is that the VM web platform is a mediocre product which fails too often. It has been plagued with exactly these problems for a long time. VM do not seem to be able to fix it, yet. Though we are told they are working on it. 

You have a few choices

1. Change your browser. Often  different browser works better

2. Use an e-mail client to manage your mails. Guidance here - Thunderbird is given a good report and sets itself up automatically for VM , so you don't have to manually configure the servers settings.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

3. Use a non-ISP related e-mail for your main traffic. That is what I decided to. GMail and Outlook.com are the big ones but there are many others. Dedicated e-mail providers tend to have abetter relaibility and usability record tha ISP linked products. 

I've been with VM and predecessor companies for more than 30 years now. I don't give this advice lightly!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

rob42all wrote:

... Log off then have to prove im not a "ROBOT" Fed up with it...

Instead of logging off, perform a refresh (F5) or hard-refresh (Ctrl+F5) - it's only a quick&dirty workaround and not a fix but it usually gets users past the 3 circles. You may have to refresh more than once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos