Menu
Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

E-Mail Links.

Up until 4/5 weeks ago following on from a disastrous E-Mail "UPDATE" from Virgin I had my brothers E-Mails coming through my own E-Mail Account as he has no computer etc at this time. This has all changed since the update some weeks back and I am no longer able to receive them for him.

As he is deaf I also act on his behalf to deal with all his legal requirements etc and have been dealing with the DWP arranging his Pension and Disability affairs as he is coming up to retirement age shortly (3 Months) with his E-Mail Address as contact access.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can re-instate the situation so that once again I am able to access  his E-Mails via my E-Mail account.  Any advice or assistance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks & With Best Regards.      Dave.  Scorpioking

Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-Mail Links.

if you can access the brother's account via webmail try signing in to confirm it is functional, after which try the following:

1. Sign in to your email account via webmail 
  2. Click and then select Settings from the pop-up menu
  3. Click Email Account
  4. If your brother's email account is already listed under the E-Mail Accounts list click Edit and confirm the settings are correct
  5. If only E-Mail is listed under the E-Mail Accounts list, then click Add account and then E-Mail account from the pop-up menu to add your brother's email account
Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Well-informed and thanks for your reply.

Noted and tried your suggestion but to no avail. My brothers account is under the E-Mail Accounts in my E-Mail and I have checked all the settings as you suggest which appear to be correct. It still however has made no difference and his mail is still not appearing in mine.

Would it possibly be better to try and delete his account from mine and add it again to see if that resolves the situation.           Your advice would be appreciated.  

Cheers.   Dave.   Scorpioking

Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you have confirmed your brother's email account is active then there is no reasons not to try  however make sure there are backups of any important data related to his email account.

By the way in your initial post you mentioned a Virgin Media update, what was it?

0 Kudos
Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Well Informed,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I appreciate your time. The update I mentioned was 4-5 weeks back if not slightly longer and was just a normal Virginmedia Site Update but for some reason I was unable for about a couple of weeks to access my mail with the page coming up saying it was been updated but to go to the Web mail Add but this also was playing up and would take several attempts before it would work if at all. I eventually managed to gain access as the Header Access suddenly got changed(Not by me) to the correct Web Add. and everything started working again. I did put it on the Forum at the time and after some time and strong hints I suspect it was corrected by VM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have a go at deleting my brothers acc. and re-instating making sure I have everything backed up. I'll let you know what transpires. Once again many thanks.

Regards.   Dave  Scorpioking

Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos
Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Well-Informed for your suggestions. The solution would appear to be to check as you say the E-Mail Accounts to ensure the acc. you wish to show in your acc. is listed,check the settings/info then mark it For "UNIFIED MAIL". This way it will show up in your mail whenever E-Mail is delivered to the nominated Address.
Thanks Again. Scorpioking
Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos