Menu
ReadFamily
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Deleting alternative emails (blueyonder)

Years ago when we signed up we both got our chosen email addresses and an extra one, which I no longer want as it's not used and is just a doorway for spam. I've looked all over the website and can't find how to get rid of it, it's not like the extras you can add nowadays where you just go to manage emails or whatever and delete that email and the person's access etc. It's part on the core email we set up when first signing up to Telewest. Took a screenshot but can't see if I can upload here
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting alternative emails (blueyonder)

It isn't possible to delete a blueyonder email alias without also deleting the parent address. So, if the address doesn't show in manage accounts you can't delete it.
ReadFamily
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So it seems, been trying on and off for years. Was hoping the bods in tech support could go in and get rid. Hate having this wide open door for spam
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try this, sign in to Virgin Media Mail and create a “Closed door for spam” filter with a condition that matches the unwanted email address and an action of Discard.

0 Kudos
ReadFamily
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried that, they still get through, I've seen others have had the same problem with the filters not being worth the text they are written in
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

User defined filters only work on the inbox, so if the email is identified as spam by the VM filters and sent to the spam folder the user defined filter will not pick it up.

Inbox filters, when properly set up, do work as I have several running on my VM email account.