Menu
georgiabarker
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Deleted emails

Last weekend I noticed that all emails over a week old had been deleted from my account.  I have checked them on my phone, iPad, laptop and by signing in to my Virginmedia email account and they have disappeared without trace - they are not in my deleted items either.  This has never happened in the years that I have had my Virginmedia email account and, as I had kept these emails for reference, I need to retrieve them.  

Any clues??!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleted emails

Yes - the fault lies with your Apple device(s):

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Emails-disappearing/td-p/3182863

If the mail is not in trash or another folder on your web mail then it has gone for ever. Not a VM problem.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
georgiabarker
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response but despite what the attached link suggested, I definitely didn't delete them.  They disappeared overnight and some were left behind, which rules out the suggestion that I had inadvertently hit "delete all" or "archive all".  Any other suggestions, anyone?  I'm keen to get the emails back as I need them which is why I had kept them!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi georgiabarker,

Welcome to our Community, glad you've joined us Smiley Happy
Really sorry about your missing emails, I'll do what I can to help.

There are 3 potential causes for what's happened:

1. User error (deleted by mistake) 
  2. Apple issue
  3. VM issue

It's highly unlikely that VM are responsible as we've not implemented any changes that would have caused this, and have had no similar reports from other customers. I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind:

• When did you last view your missing emails?
  • Was this via client or webmail?
  • Do you use IMAP or POP server settings?
  • Does anyone else have access?
  • Were the missing emails in any specific folders?
  • Have you checked the trash/deleted items folders on all devices and in webmail?

I've also sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting information about your email address, so please reply when you've a chance and I'll look into this further.

Jen
Forum Team