Menu
Poppy1951
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Deleted email address

Hi I deleted an email address but every hour I am being asked for a password. Plus the notification bell is driving me mad so had to turn it off. Thank you
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email client

I'm going to give you some straightforward advice which doesn't depend on you being technical or a genius but does depend on a bit of common sense.  Where would be start with this if we have no idea what e-mail software you are using?  We cannot read minds. So tell us and we'll try our best to help. In most cases you can do this for yourself by using Google to track down advice. I bet penny to a £ that you are not using a client, but rather the version of Virgin Media mail that depends on you logging into the web site.

And a bit more advice. You confuse us greatly by starting a different thread for the same problem. So I have merged the two. That means we don't have to be jumping all over the place to see what you said the first time round and what the reply was. We can see the issue as a single continuous thread. Makes sense - doesn't it?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Poppy1951, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with email notifications. 

What kind of device are you using I can see if we can get this sorted for you Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Poppy1951
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you all so much. My lack of techy knowledge makes it difficult for you all. Problem solved.
Best wishes
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleted email address

I would guess that you deleted the email address from the VM website, but it hasn't been deleted from your email client. And your email client is polling the VM website every hour attempting to login and check for emails.  

Poppy1951
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Email client

Hi I received a reply to a post yesterday advising me that I need to change the setting in the email client. I am so sorry friends but it's all automation when you sign up. Regrettably I know absolutely nothing about all this whatsoever. Anybody want a challenge to help me please. I am desperate to stop this bell dinging every hour
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm going to give you some straightforward advice which doesn't depend on you being technical or a genius but does depend on a bit of common sense.  Where would be start with this if we have no idea what e-mail software you are using?  We cannot read minds. So tell us and we'll try our best to help. In most cases you can do this for yourself by using Google to track down advice. I bet penny to a £ that you are not using a client, but rather the version of Virgin Media mail that depends on you logging into the web site.

And a bit more advice. You confuse us greatly by starting a different thread for the same problem. So I have merged the two. That means we don't have to be jumping all over the place to see what you said the first time round and what the reply was. We can see the issue as a single continuous thread. Makes sense - doesn't it?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Poppy1951
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I obviously have broadband etc with VM. My son (who is no longer with us) set up various email address on my laptop using only VM facilities. I am accessing these via an android mobile phone. That is as much as I can tell you. Apologies regarding the thread and not doing a continuous roll if you have no idea about all this techy stuff then sadly that lack of knowledge runs across every element and is certainly not remotely selective. Thank you
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to help but as we can't see what you are doing and what is happening then I fear I can't. Can you tell us what settings you are using? The correct ones are here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Media-Email-settings/td-p/3166396

How do they compare.

On your laptop can you get in and receive and send e-mail? I need some kind of clue to do much more.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Poppy1951
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Howard my laptop was set up using VM email facilities and you have a primary email address. You then have the option of creating another 10. I created several over the years and deleted them at intervals. A couple of days ago I deleted the last of the optional addresses leaving of course VM primary. Since the deletion I am on the hour being asked for a password. It is this element I need addressing as the incessant ding from a notification can be somewhat tedious. I am in bed at the moment with a bad back, I will however get my laptop if answering your questions is the only way you can help me. Sincere thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What e-mail software are you using? BillC45 gave you the right answer. You've deleted from My VM but you haven't deleted from your e-mail software. Do that and this nuisance will all stop.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Poppy1951, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with email notifications. 

What kind of device are you using I can see if we can get this sorted for you Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Poppy1951
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you all so much. My lack of techy knowledge makes it difficult for you all. Problem solved.
Best wishes
0 Kudos