Menu
crusha
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Deleted alternative e mail address

Hi, 

I deleted one of my alternative e mail addresses.Now when I  get sent an email to my main address the sender gets a

'mail delivery system delivery status' message that delivery  to the deleted e mail address was aborted after 0 seconds. Confusing!

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Deleted alternative e mail address

Now you have:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

read the help pages and you will nderstand and be able to track down if you have forwarding rules set up in web mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean by one of your alternative email addresses? For most mailboxes there is only one address per box, so if you delete the address the mailbox goes with it - but it shouldn't affect any other mailbox and email address.

If you mean blueyonder.co.uk aliases, there is no way to delete these individually. You can only delete the mailbox they're attached to - which will then delete any other email addresses attached to the mailbox.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Check that you haven't got a forwarding rule set up somewhere to forward email from your main address to the alternate one that you have deleted.

crusha
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that but I've no idea  about forwarding rules.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

crusha wrote:

Thanks for that but I've no idea  about forwarding rules.

Before we explore that route further, can you answer the questions posed by BenMcr in message 2 please as this will help clarify what is happening.

Also, I am assuming that you receive the message sent to the main email address - is this correct?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Now you have:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

read the help pages and you will nderstand and be able to track down if you have forwarding rules set up in web mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
crusha
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.I went into settings and the deleted e mail address was in the forwarding part.I cleared that and all is well.Thanks again.