Menu
Vicquoi
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Delete ntlword email address

I keep getting letters saying my ntlword email account is sending out spam emails. My access to Virgin Media is then blocked and I have to mess around setting it back up.
The thing is I haven't used the email account for years so I want to delete it. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete ntlword email address

If you are still a VM customer and this account is your primary account then it cannot be deleted. If you are unable to change the password wait here and the Forum Team will help when they reach this thread in a few day time.

If you are no longer a VM customer and the address hasn't been closed the Team can also help. Wait here and give them the information they ask for.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Vicquoi
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response.
I am still a VM customer but I use a different email provider as my primary account for log in purposes with VM.
I do not use this email account and don't want to keep it if it keeps doing this.
Surely there has to be a way of getting shut of it?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No, they won't be able to delete it. It is your primary account. Changing the username to a third party e-mail address does not change the need for a primary account. They can help you change the password though and if you are getting the standard spam letter then a change of password will do the trick.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please do mark the thread as helpful until you have final resolution. Reverse the tick. It is not deserved yet and will mislead people searching for a solution to their issue. If you just want to say thank you give kudos instead.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Vicquoi
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell it's my first post!
I can't see a way of unticking this, so does this show as still open?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Everyone has a first post! You found out how to untick. You simply reverse what you did to put the tick in. Well done. It's how we all learn to use the Forum.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Vicquoi

Welcome to our forum, I am so sorry this is happening but as mentioned this is on your active primary email address. Please would you attempt a login to My Virgin Media and change the password (please note there are links for forgotten username/password). Once you have done I appreciate that you do not use the mailbox but we do not know how the password was discovered so it is probably worth following the advice here www.virginmedia.com/offspam to make sure all your devices are safe. 

If then the mailbox is not accessed by you for the next 90 days it will normally auto delete.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos