Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
mickyd44
Helpful Answer

Delete an email account

When will the email accounts control panel be back up working? Apparently I have an email account that's been hacked and needs sorting as its sending spam. How can I delete the account let alone change the password as suggested in the letter from Virgin?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Delete an email account

what happens when you log into my.virginmedia.com and goto manage account (best to login using primary account)
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mickyd44

Its coming up with an 'Oops some things broken' page. It says this part of the site isn't running but it will be back soon. Its been like that for over 3 weeks now.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mickyd44

Anyone know why I wouldn't be able to access Manage My Profile?

I really want to delete an email account that Virgin wrote to me, to tell me it had been hacked and was sending emails.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

mickyd44 wrote:
Its coming up with an 'Oops some things broken' page. It says this part of the site isn't running but it will be back soon. Its been like that for over 3 weeks now.

That error message usually means that there is a problem with your account setup at Virgin Medias end.  You will need to call in to report a fault.  They should pass it on the 2nd level team who will refer it to the IT dept. to get it sorted.

The phone number is 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0845 454 1111 or 0333  000 3101 from any other phone (chargeable).

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
oldm8

I have the same problem when trying to manage my email accounts. I would like to delete most of them but get the "oops something wrong message". Anyone else with this problem?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

oldm8 wrote:
I have the same problem when trying to manage my email accounts. I would like to delete most of them but get the "oops something wrong message". Anyone else with this problem?

As you can see from earlier posts in this thread, (and similar posts in the forum), this error does occur from time to time.

You are best off following the advice I gave in post 5 of this thread.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Emma_K

Hi oldm8, 

Thanks for your query. Graham_A is correct we'd need to have a closer look at your account to get this sorted for you. Unfortunately we're unable to do this over the forums due to data protection laws. 

Call us 150 free from a Virgin land line or 0845 454 1111 (Chargeable) from any other phone. To get this sorted as soon as possible.

Let us know how you get on. 

Thank you

Emma

Emma_K
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mickyd44

Well I ddid as you suggested, and didn't work I still can't access the bits I need.

They did however mess up my account access for 24 hours which was nice. I am able to log in again now though.

The unhelp desk said it was some maintenance work that would be fixed within 24 hours, which I found unbelievable as its not worked for months now.

So I still cannot delete the problem email that is apparently sending spam, and I still can't create a new one.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

mickyd44 wrote:
Well I ddid as you suggested, and didn't work I still can't access the bits I need.

They did however mess up my account access for 24 hours which was nice. I am able to log in again now though.

The unhelp desk said it was some maintenance work that would be fixed within 24 hours, which I found unbelievable as its not worked for months now.

So I still cannot delete the problem email that is apparently sending spam, and I still can't create a new one.

You do need to insist on this being passed through to the 2nd level team to get sorted.  All I can suggest is to try again in the morning when you have a better chance of getting though to a local call centre.

Please use plain text.