Menu
haggiscatcher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Delete All Emails Needed

Can we have a Delete All or Select All button added to emails?

When i use google or microsoft email i have an option to "Select All" or Delete All emails

This is great when your spam box fills up or you get a shed load of useless emails coming in

At the moment i think we can select 50 emails to delete or have to scroll down for it to refresh more

A simple one click Select or Delete would be a great addition

If there is one maybe i didnt notice it, oops

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete All Emails Needed

Just continue scrolling down until you have loaded all the emails you want to delete and then hit delete all. If you have selected hundreds it can take a while to complete the process.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

haggiscatcher wrote:

Can we have a Delete All or Select All button added to emails? When i use google or microsoft email i have an option to "Select All" or Delete All emails
In the updated outlook.com email offering the 'select all' selects 4 emails max. It used to select all per page until the last outlook.com updated and changed it to what it is now (select all=selects the top 4 emails max from the displayed folder.)

At the moment i think we can select 50 emails to delete or have to scroll down for it to refresh more. A simple one click Select or Delete would be a great addition.
Did you ever use the empty folder option? Click the folder list in question on the left, a three bar button will appear by its name.  Click empty folder. It should clear out the folder in one go (note: I've not personally tested it, as I have no emails I want removed.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that the 'Empty Folder' option works perfectly.  I use it regularly.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Be careful what you wish for.

There are many users of iPhones and iPads who deeply regret the introduction (at IOS 9 in 2015) of a single-stroke facility which deletes their entire webmail Inbox.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

they could put it next to the "find all my missing emails" button - A lot of people have asked for that Smiley Happy

0 Kudos