Menu
Sparger17
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Delayed emails

I am currently getting huge delays in receiving emails to my @ntlworld.com address. I have a forwarding service set up from my domain host which I suspect is what is causing the delay. Delay is anywhere from 1/2 hour to a couple of days...I have tried sending direct to ntlworld address (i.e without the forwarding) and they seem to come through straight away. From reading previous topics I suspect that this may be VM rate limiting.

Can someone from the forum team respond so I can send copy of sample email headers and they can then investigate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed emails

Hello Sparger17

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with delayed email. We have had a problem for the last few days and it may be related to that Email: Sending and Receiving 30/01/17

Please keep an eye on that thread and once resolved if you continue to have issues please let us know as we will happily dig deeper.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Quofan
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed emails

Sparger17 - I am having exactly the same issue as you. I'd seen that Virgin had had problems around 30th Jan and my emails have been drip feeding through over the last few days. Presumably they're being/have been held by my domain host. Some have taken a few hours and others have taken up to 4 days to come through!

I tried tonight to send two emails to myself, one to my blueyonder address and one to my domain address. The blueyonder one came through almost immediately whereas the domain one took quite a while longer.

I'm hoping once the domain host has cleared the backlog it should be back to normal.

0 Kudos