Menu
DifferentLogin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could Not Get A Default Folder

I have lots of problems with Virgin Media e-mail.  It is slow to load or doesn't load at all.  And on those occasions it does load, it often has limited functionality.  The latest problem I'm encountering is this error message: 'Could not get a default folder for this application. Application may not work as expected until this problem is solved'.

The error message is correct but not helpful, i.e. the application does not work as expected!

Any ideas on a solution, please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Could Not Get A Default Folder

If you are using a PC try pressing Ctrl F5 to force the page to refresh. You may need to repeat this a couple of times.
DifferentLogin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am using a PC.  Ctrl F5 leads to a momentary flash of 'Server unreachable' followed by the 'Could not get a default folder .....etc'.  I can open e-mails but the folders in which I store e-mails will not open.  Instead of the normal Virgin Media red, the colour on the e-mail page is blue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I suggest you sign out. Close down you browser and for a belt and braces approach, restart your PC. Then try again. The blue colour indicates it has not properly connected to the VM webmail servers.