Menu
pb30531
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Problems

I have been a Virgin customer for around 20 or more years (originally Birmingham Cable). In later years I have been constantly frustrated  at not being able to send this huge communications giant a simple email in an effort to obtain  support to making a complaint. A totally ludicrous situation !.

Clearly its deliberately made impossible for customers to do this for financial reasons to save  Virgin having to provide staff to answer such traffic and instead you have what is, in my opinion,  a poor  substitute  system of so called 'community' forums where you are expected  to look for a discussion on the topic your interested in hoping it will solve your particular problem. But you  end up being pushed from pillar to post like a dog chasing its own tail, round and round  getting more and more frustrated with explanations that dont help you as they are usually non specific to your particular problem. Virtually it could be said that there isnt any satisfactory method of getting an EASY, QUICK reply to a query from Virgin. Oh and dont please suggest using the alternative means of communication, the telephone. What a joke this has been for years whereby you get connected on 9 out of 10 occasions to a call centre in India who you cant understand and frankly they dont seem to understand your problem either if their suggestion to solving your problem is anything to go by, obviously a language problem and it isnt just me either. Although in fairness the last time I was put through to the Indian help facility they did manage to connect my new  HD box that I was having a problem making a connection with. But in the main I just find I have to put up with any problem I have  as I know the likelihood of solving the problem with Virgins help is virtually nil.  I have found over the years that I have to resort to Google or some other way of getting help.  The number of people  that I personally know that have all had dealings with the so called Indian call centre associated with Virgin have all, without exception made the same criticism  of the so called 'Help Centre' and tend to avoid it like the proverbial plague where they can.

My current simple problem....how to stop irritating phone calls from Virgin advising me that a particular local area problem has now been fixed. Now I know its my fault as I must have requested somehow, at some time to be advised when something relating to my phone, broadband or tv had been repaired. And its likely to be something simple like unticking a box somewhere, but where, how, which account. Why must I resort to a 'rant' like this just to get a simple answer ?. Of course you people that live on this forum will say in an instant, all you do is this or this. I dont spend all my sad life on forums, havent got a clue where to search or how and probably wont even see the answer (if any) to this post.

I cant help but feel that as a Virgin customer I have been abandoned for years all because I cant send a simple email to a UK centre for an understandable reply in order to resolve a simple billing or service query. Why is it I keep wondering if a move to Sky might be the best way forward, it wouldnt take much to persuade me to switch. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin Problems

Hi pb30531
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your concerns and for dropping by with your forum post too.
I appreciate you have had some issues when getting in touch with us previously and apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you in the past.
There are a few options you can use to get in touch with us should you want to for any reason going forwards.
• Call us via 150 or 0345 454 1111
• Webchat
• These forums Smiley Happy
• Write in. The address can be found on the Contact Us page.
Additionally in response to your complaint regarding the calls to us regarding the area faults being fixed, these are signed up for by yourself as a customer on an individual fault basis and this takes place via our Service Status page online.

service status.png

If you have signed up in this way then these should only happen in relation to those faults you have signed up for updates for.
If this is happening and you have NOT signed up via this site then please let us know and we'll investigate this further for you.
Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

pb30531
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,
I havent tried web Chat so thats something to bear in mind for the future. Unfortunately I dont find the Community Forum method necessarily quick, sometimes I can see that some enquiriers get a fast answer but not always, I would still prefer an email. And yes there is always 'snail mail' still think an email is the best !. Why its not available to customers of such a large communications company begars belief.
As for the problem of the 'status' phone calls, on the 3 or so occasions I have had them I dont recall making a request for them. If I knew how they were requested or cancelled perhaps that would solve the problem. I see you have included a useful 'pictorial' in your reply which I was in the throes of studying whilst writing this reply but as I tried to enlarge it I suddenly lost the first part of this reply. No problem, I will just send this then have a closer look at it. Thanks anyway for your help.
0 Kudos
pb30531
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah, yes, the first part of my reply that I 'lost' and I refer to above covered your suggestion of using the telephone numbers. As I indicated in my original posting I have tried that method on numerous occasions over the years with usually the same difficult encounter with someone I find both difficult to understand and always come away with the distinct impression they didnt understand me either. Sorry but thats a sad fact echoed but numerous people I speak to on this subject of none UK call centres and is such a problem that I see that a number of UK based companies are bringing back the UK cal centre facility and still more proudly trumpet the fact that there customer support is undertaken only from UK call centres !. Now I wonder why that could be ?.
0 Kudos