Menu
kjameson505
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Media by email

How do I contact Virgin Media about an issue with my email? It's not something I can easily explain over the phone and their "Chat online" option is always busy. Is there an email address I can use to contact them - there doesn't seem to be one on their "Contact us" page.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin Media by email

No e-mail address. Why don't you set out the issue on this Forum, keeping your private details private, and we'll see how we can help. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
kjameson505
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was signed up to a mailing list but got an email from them saying I had been automatically removed from them "as a result of repeated
delivery error reports from your mail system". They went on to say "If you receive this message, then it means that something is wrong. While you are obviously able to receive mail, your mail system has been regularly reporting that your account did not exist, or that you were otherwise permanently unable to receive mail" and that "it is important for you to report this problem to your mail administrator so that it can be solved".

I am therefore trying to contact my "mail administrator" (ie Virgin Media) to sort this out but that is proving to be a very difficult thing to do, since they don't have an email contact address and their "chat online" facility is constantly too busy. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It would be handy if we could see an example of one of the bounce back messages that your sender was receiving but that may not be possible. However if it is get a copy and post it here. Remove any identifying details such as names before the @symbol in an e-mail address. One thing you can check and report back on was whether the error messages featured this kind of text

"550.5.2.0 - Spam Content found"

In the meantime wait here for the Forum Team to pick up the thread. They will ask you for more information but privately to see what they can do to help. They may need to look at the e-mail logs to find out what is going on.

You'll get the answer you need.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos