Menu
russ2204
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Constant SPAM Content Found Bouncebacks

I have having a frustrating and damaging problem which is becoming a very big issue.

Whenever I email a virginmedia/ntlworld email address I get the following type of errors:

mx7.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net rejected your message

There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

mx7.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net gave this error:
Z2dX1t00N25aG88012dYhQ Spam content found

I am not sending spam of any kind.

My ISP is BT.  My email is with MS Office365.  My domains with 1&1.  I have contacted all parties and they cannot see any issues at all.  I have also done a blacklist search to no avail.

There are times when I email addressees individually and others when I include a number of addressees in BCC - but either way I get the same result.

My emails are not being received - they are bouncing and this is now URGENT and potentially damaging my business.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant SPAM Content Found Bouncebacks

Can you confirm, as I think is likely to be the case, that the messages you are sending to all other domains other than those managed by Virgin Media (@blueyonder.co.uk, @ntlworld.com, @virginmedia.net, @virgin.com) are being delivered without error?  In other words, you see this problem only with messages sent to Virgin Media accounts, correct?

I've added your issue to a long list of submissions from other businesses trying unsuccessfully to reach Virgin Media customers.  You can read the very large number of reports here:

http://wardinewrock.blogspot.com/2016/05/legitimate-emails-blocked-to-virgin.html

The Virgin Media response so far appears to be individual whitelisting which naturally is not doing much to solve the underlying problem which appears to be a poorly configured spam-content filtering system.  If Virgin Media is doing more,  I'd love to know the details.  The result is that holders of Virgin Media accounts are not receiving a good deal of legitimate email sent to them and would be well-advised, given the lack of an appropriate solution from Virgin Media despite months of detailed reports, to shift to another email provider such as Google in order to quickly resolve the problem themselves.

-Wrock

0 Kudos
russ2204
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

In answer, yes it is only those with virginmedia/ntlworld accounts that I have the issue sending to.

How do I get on their whitelist ?

0 Kudos
russ2204
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

???

0 Kudos
ictsupport
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am having this issue as well.

I work for a membership organisation who are emailed regularly as a group.

Of our 20K members over 800 have virgin, blueyonder or ntl email addresses and we are unable to send to any of them getting the same ' spam ciontent' error you mention.

This is having a major effect on our membership.

How do we get whitelisted?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi russ2204 and ictsupport, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having you both here Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you've having an issue with emails bouncing back. Your best bet is to have a look here: Spam Content Found

Read the steps outlined and make any changes if you need to. 

If you are still having the same issue then, come back and let us know here and we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
russ2204
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Quite right!!!! Outrageous one fits all response. And in any case I am already adhering to these basic suggestions.

Now what???!!!!
0 Kudos
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello russ2204,

It has been more than three weeks since you filed a report that you are unable to deliver messages to Virgin Media accounts.  What kind of help have you received so far?  Has the problem been resolved? 

-Wrock.

0 Kudos
russ2204
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It remains unresolved.  For me.  For others.

0 Kudos
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much, russ2204, for taking the time to update this forum.  I am dismayed to hear that after more than three weeks Virgin Media has not been able to resolve your report of the inability to deliver your business' emails to Virgin Media email accounts.

-Wrock.

0 Kudos