Menu
Choirboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Confirm username email for My Virgin Media

Hi. I joined Virgin today. I'm trying to sign-in to My Virgin Media and it tells me to check emails from Virgin sent today and to click the 'confirm my username' link. No email with such a link has arrived, I've tried the 'send it again' link twice and still nothing turns up. The email address is correct, I used it to sign up to this forum and Virgin sent me an email verification link that arrived in seconds. Any ideas?... Thanks!

debzyg
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confirm username email for My Virgin Media

Having the same issue! I carried to change mine because they spelt my name wrong on my email address so the email they originally had doesn't even exist! I've asked it to resend the email a million times, checked my junk a million times. Still no email with a link to confirm my new username. Not the greatest start for new customers!
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Choirboy wrote:

Hi. I joined Virgin today. I'm trying to sign-in to My Virgin Media and it tells me to check emails from Virgin sent today and to click the 'confirm my username' link. No email with such a link has arrived, I've tried the 'send it again' link twice and still nothing turns up. The email address is correct, I used it to sign up to this forum and Virgin sent me an email verification link that arrived in seconds. Any ideas?... Thanks!

My initial thought is that the VM email system is, and has been for some time unfit for purpose, and is unlikely to improve anytime soon.

Get yourself an ISP independent email address, as soon as possible, and ignore the free "added value" and therefore totally unsupported travesty which is Virgin Media Mail.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Choirboy,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with this.

I'd like to help with this and I've sent you a private message so that we can confirm some details regarding this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've also experienced some bother with this debzyg,

I've also dropped you a private message so that we can chat some more about this.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
EdFu
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem here. Dozens of asking resend for the confirmation of user name and all none of them are here but immediate response from the Virgin community.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

EdFu wrote:

I have the exact same problem here. Dozens of asking resend for the confirmation of user name and all none of them are here but immediate response from the Virgin community.

Completely incomprehensible post added to a thread that is nearly a year old. "It's English Jim but not as we know it!"

How do you know that the problem is the same? Next time start your own thread and explain properly what is happening. 

You might like to read this one. But if it doesn't help start again in a new thread.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Link-to-confirm-username/td-p/3519389

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Leanfish00
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey, been setting up a new account and have found exactly the same problem; no confirmation email from Virgin Media so I can't access my account. I know its not my email address since I have received a (unfortunately rather unhelpful) welcome email from Virgin Media. Any attempts at resending the confirmation email or changing the email address also amount to nothing. It feels like there having problems on the Virgin side of things.

0 Kudos
Leanfish00
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

o

0 Kudos
dave551
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem on 7/9/2017 and the verification email eventually arrived in my mailbox at 2am this morning.

Be patient, there is some IT problem at VM, as confirmed by phoning 150

0 Kudos