Menu
Jonathonburden
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Close/deactivate old email address

I'm getting a lot of spam from ab old vm email address and need to cancel it as I no longer use it. I've checked settings etc but no joy?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Close/deactivate old email address

I'm going to assume first of all that this is a virginmedia.com address rather than an address on the other three Virgin Media domains.

If you go to my.virginmedia.com/profile - sign in with your main Virgin Media account and then click manage accounts you can delete any virginmedia.com accounts you may have previously added.

If on the other hand it's a legacy alias you'll have to wait for the Forum Team to pick this post up.

Note that if the address is being spoofed though that deleting the address won't necessarily stop the spam.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Jonathonburden
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No it's the very first blue yonder email I was given with set up some years ago.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathonburden,

Thanks for coming to our Forum for help with this, hope we don't disappoint Smiley Happy

Getting the email address removed for spam issues should be fairly straightforward. 
From your most recent post on here I suspect this is a primary email address which you won't be able to remove via My Virgin Media, if that's the case I'll get a deletion request raised with our I.T. department. 
If this is a secondary account following ravenstar's advice will enable you to remove it yourself.

Please also reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) in which I'm requesting details about the email address in question.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos