Menu
steve1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing password on old NTLWORLD address

I have an old NTLWORLD.COM email address  I need to change the password but I can no way find how to access the settings to do so. Any help much appreciated please...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing password on old NTLWORLD address

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

steve1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham for the reply. The problem I have is my original email account I created when I was with NTL (ntlworld.com) is now used as an altermate email address (this is the one I need to change the password) I changed my primary to a Gmail account which works ok and it will allow me to change that password. I just cant find out how to access the old ntlworld account . It has a note saying this account is linked to your webspace...

Thanks Steve

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If it doesn't appear under the My Accounts tab then you will need help from the Forum team. @Jen_A is a wizz on such things, but it will be a few days before the team get to this.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

This sounds to me like a backend issue that would be resolvable by our I.T. department. 

Assuming that the address in question is the one that you registered on this Forum with then it all looks OK on our systems. But, if you don't object to me taking a closer look, please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what we can do to help Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Paulw3001
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jen I have a similar issue. This morning when I went to check my e-mails they had all disappeared. I read on a forum to delete my email account on my devices and change my email password on my computer (where my emails were all there). The only thing is I need my original password to create a new one and I don't remember it. Virgin media are then asking for an account number which I don't have either due to being a long time ago? Can you help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Paulw3001

Is it the same email address you have registered on this forum with? If so I am sorry but it is on an old disconnected account so is no longer supported. Do you have an active broadband account with us as we may be able to move it and then enable it again?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos