Menu
triplus7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Changed password, lost access

Hi, at Virgin's request I changed my Virgin Media password. Now I cannot send or receive email on my ntlworld account. I am asked for my password, but when I enter the new one I get the message "Unable to verify account name or password". I am using the Mail app on an iMac.

I can still receive email via other (non-Virgin/ntl) accounts, and I can get my ntl mail on my phone (Android) or via webmail.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed password, lost access

Hello triplus7

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having difficulties accessing you email account. Is it the same email address that you have registered on this forum? If so basic SMTP/POP3/IMAP access checks seem to be working, SMTP logs show no attempts for the last couple of days. may be worth double checking all the settings on the client please Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
triplus7
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed password, lost access

Hi Nicola, thanks for your reply.

I have solved the problem by deleting the ntl account from Mail, and then adding it back in. That was not quite straightforward, as my ntl address is the same as my iCloud login, so I had to log out of iCloud, reinstate the ntl account in Mail. then log back in to iCloud. Convoluted, but got there in the end.

Regards,

triplus7

0 Kudos