Menu
kkpner
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Change of email address

I have tried twice to change my email address online. The third time, I spoke to the Tech person who changed it and said I'd receive an email within 10mts - that was 12 hrs ago!!! What is going wrong??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of email address

hiya @kkpner when you say change of email is this to log into the my virginmedia website?, or to create a new email, since it can take around average 30mins or there about to create this email on the backend system, does it show the email address when you log into myvirginmedia using a primary email address?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
kkpner
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you kindly @paultechy. My username and the email address Virgin Media uses are the same. I wanted to change the email address and i suppose this will change the username automatically.

Though I have changed it 3 times, twice online and once by telephone, I have yet to receive an email from  Virgin Media to confirm the email address. This was my query and my intention was to find out whether others in the community have had a similar problem in the recent past.

In answer to your question, the username & email are still unchanged.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if you add a secondary email address on virginmedia, it doesn't become the primary and never can be the primary, the main point is what are you trying to achieve
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
kkpner
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As mentioned,@paultechy (may be I have not explained myself clearly), I just wanted to change the email address on my accounts page. On the account page, one is given the option of changing username, email address, etc.

Thank you for trying to help.

Kind Regrds,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is a common misunderstanding. The change username option does not change the underlying email address. It merely allows you to change the login details to a third party email address that you already own.
kkpner
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the clarification, Graham_A
0 Kudos