Menu
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Captcha traffic signs

I wish could someone tell the developers of this infuriating alleged security sequence, a traffic sign is a sign and not a pole which it is mounted on. Yes the UK TRAFFIC SIGN REGS do prescribe the colour of the pole (grey) but that is still NOT a sign. All current signs are mounted on grey poles. (Used to be alternate black and white bands) Grrr. 

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Captcha traffic signs

Hi @ianjayne

reCaptcha is a really useful security tool to prevent automated log-in attempts to accounts etc.

If you have a problem with the images displayed, you should be able to click the "Report a problem" text at the bottom of the box to provide feedback to the development team.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi James
Been reporting issues such as this for ages. Has no effect. Such as, the difference between our vehicle classes and US vehicles, trucks and LGV's busses, estate cars etc etc you name it they error it, we don't have cookies, the difference between their 'cookies' our cakes and buns and biscuits, there's lots more of 'americanisms' they use not logical or applicable here in the UK Although there is a security check issue I think if this is going to be used in the UK it should be English English and not US English. Maybe you should make a name for yourself and suggest this.
0 Kudos
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

James further I can't see any box 'report a problem' Where are you referring to?
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again

ianjayne wrote:
Hi James
Been reporting issues such as this for ages. Has no effect. Such as, the difference between our vehicle classes and US vehicles, trucks and LGV's busses, estate cars etc etc you name it they error it, we don't have cookies, the difference between their 'cookies' our cakes and buns and biscuits, there's lots more of 'americanisms' they use not logical or applicable here in the UK 

We don't control ReCaptcha, merely implement it - it's a Google product. The Development team can be contact here: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/

ianjayne wrote:
 Maybe you should make a name for yourself and suggest this.

I already have a name for myself, sadly I share it with a fairly well-known actor...

I know what you mean though, and we can feed it back through our channels.

ianjayne wrote:
further I can't see any box 'report a problem' Where are you referring to?

Ah - there often is one - at the bottom of a ReCaptcha box. If not there should a question mark you can click on.

James 

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AFAICS, the “Report a problem” is shown when ReCaptcha's attempting to learn new data, instead click 2016-03-29-00.png until you see a problem to which you can provide a solution however be aware that too many 2016-03-29-00.png may result in multiple solutions being required.