Menu
fraggleshock
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cant sign in Outlook or Webmail

Using webmail (https://identity.virginmedia.com/vm_sso/idp/login.action) I just get stuck in a loop.

Click Login and it reloads the login page - no username / password errors are shown! Anyone else experiencing this?

Outlook claims it is unable to verify the user - but until I can login on webmail I'm unsure if the servers are actually responding correctly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant sign in Outlook or Webmail

Hi fraggleshock, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble logging into your email. 

Are you getting just three grey dots? 

If so, press shift and F5 and this should bring up the email. I am unsure to why this is happening currently but it is being investigated. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pretty sure @Emma_E  meant to type Ctrl F5

In any case reading the original post it looks like a different issue to the three dots one.  Possibly password or account related.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham_A, 

Thanks for getting back so quickly, strange works as shift, F5 on my computer. Although it could just be how it works on my computer. 

Let us know which one works for you fraggleshock Smiley Happy

It will give me a definitive to work from. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A quick google search and it looks as if both combinations have the same effect in some browsers.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah mystery solved! Good work Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Emma_E.  However, I don't want to derail this thread from the original issue.  Looking back at the opening post it looks to me to be a different issue than the intermittent webmail problem.  More of an account or password issue perhaps as it is affecting client access as well as webmail.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham_A, 

Hmm looking back it seems you are right. 

fraggleshock - If you are still having trouble please pop across the details of the email address you are having trouble with via PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner) and I will investigate this issue further for you. 

All the best

Emma