Menu
madusmacus
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cant send emails via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk - started today/yesterday

I have been assured there is nothing wrong with the servers at the moment so I must be doing something wrong :¬(

Some info

I had no problems yesterday

I can use the web based email system to send emails by loging in using the same password as my PC outlook.exe (that no longer works)

I can recieve emails sent to my blueyonder.co.uk account fine I just cant send

I have changed my password in the last few days due to experian alert but i am sure it was all working fine and i can login to web and use pop3 fine using new password also my microsoft phone works fine receiving using new password as well

Any ideas? and sorry for polluting another email with my comments just now

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cant send emails via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk - started today/yesterday

Excellent post. Stop apologising, it isn't necessary. You've now done the right thing.

This is a well known and often frustrating issue which we can help you with.

First question - an I think I know the answer. You have changed your Outlook password haven't you. Just a simple yes or no.

What has happened is that VM back end servers that hold your address details have got out of sync. This may need the Forum Team to intervene but they can't do that till next week. In the meantime there is something you can try which often sorts this. Come back to us if it doesn't.

Go into My VirginMedia and do the password change thing again but keep the same password. This forces all the servers to resync to the new password.

We know the credentials are good because they work on your phone and in web mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
madusmacus
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please delete this topic because for no apparent reason It all started working as soon as i posted this message
must have been a small temporary smpt.blueyonder.co.uk glitch
All is well now and Sorry to bother you :¬)
Byeeee
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Excellent post. Stop apologising, it isn't necessary. You've now done the right thing.

This is a well known and often frustrating issue which we can help you with.

First question - an I think I know the answer. You have changed your Outlook password haven't you. Just a simple yes or no.

What has happened is that VM back end servers that hold your address details have got out of sync. This may need the Forum Team to intervene but they can't do that till next week. In the meantime there is something you can try which often sorts this. Come back to us if it doesn't.

Go into My VirginMedia and do the password change thing again but keep the same password. This forces all the servers to resync to the new password.

We know the credentials are good because they work on your phone and in web mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
madusmacus
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you :¬)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good for you. You'll know what to do the next time it happens and if it goes on for a prolonged period. Have a nice weekend.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos