Menu
Nejam87
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cant get into emails to verify it

Hi, I just signed up to virgin media and it wouldn't accept my email for some unknown reason, so i had to create a virgin media email to create my virgin media account. However when i try to log on to virgin media email to verify the email account, it says that i can't log on because the email hasn't been verified.

I was wondering if anyone could help me solve this issue? As it just seems like and endless loop.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant get into emails to verify it

Hi Nejam87, 

Welcome to the forums I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble accessing your emails. 

I will pop you a PM so we can try to get to the bottom of this for you. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TomHooper
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue. I just signed up to virgin media and it wouldn't accept my email, so I had to create a virgin media email to create my virgin media account. However when I try to log on to virgin media email to verify the email account, it says that i can't log on because the email hasn't been verified.

Can you help me solve this issue please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You do yourself no favours at all by picking up on a thread that is more than 12 months old and adding to it. You are lucky this hasn't been overlooked as by rights it should have been. Please, next time, by all means search for an answer and if you don't find one or need help start your own thread.

The answer is is straightforward. You have committed the cardinal error of trying to set up a new user name using a VM e-mail address. You can't do this. The only way of changing your user name is to use a third party address (like GMAil) that you already own. 

The only thing you need to set up a My VM account is the username and password that you were sent in in your joining pack. That would have got you in from whence you could have created additional addresses but not change your user name.

Your best bet is to phone this in on 150/03454 454 1111 and get them to untangle this ball of knitting wool for you. It'll take the Forum Team at least a week to reach this thread now and you don't want to be waiting around all that time.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos