Menu
toddeliz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cant change password on blueyonder account

The MyVirginmedia account is in another email address and can change that password OK but my email address is listed as an alternative email address in the account and I cant change the password which I have forgotten.   When I tried to log in from the virgin media web page to the mail and then choose forgotten password, it says 'unable to find your username. 

Have mail setup on laptop with both address, mine and the one registered to the account and I can send and recieve mail OK but I cant see what the password is and I need that to set it up on another device, hence trying to change it.

Tried phoning on 150 but after 25 minutes of listening to music in a section that dont even know is the right one have given up.   Help any ideas

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant change password on blueyonder account

If it is showing as an alternative address on the My Profile page in My Virgin Media then it will be an alias of the main account.  The password will be the same as the one for the main account as the alias uses the same mailbox.

toddeliz
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I thought that, and I can get into other account using the email and password setup no problem can add it to outlook with the password so thought should just be able to do same with the alternative (alias) one but did think had a different password but when try and add using main one says wrong password. Going round in circles.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi toddeliz, 

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble changing the password on one of your email addresses. 

Are you trying to change the password using the primary email address in My Virgin Media or are you trying to do it directly from the email address itself? 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
toddeliz
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can log into My Virgin media ok using the primary account, the email address I use is an alias so I cant change that password in My Virgin Media section, no option to change it, only one is to change main account.  Changed that and by rights I should then have same one for alias but cant get into it or add it to email software.  Can add primary one.    If I try loggin in on main Virgin page and email option is says there is no account.     Emails come in OK but that is only when primary is in same software but I cant send mail using alias email address, says wrong password.   I would have thought if have primary and alias they would use the same password.

Totally confused.    Can set up a brand ne email address but it will use virgin.com but I have been using blueyonder for years and everyone knows that one so dont want to change it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi toddeliz, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I'm sorry to see you have continued to have difficulty changing the password. 

You can only change the passwords from the primary email account. 

When you look under the 'My Profile Tab' of My Virgin Media can you see an option that says 'Manage Accounts'?

Once you have found this you should be able to see any secondary email addresses attached to the account  with the options to 'View or Change' them marked in red next to the accounts. 

Click 'View/Change' option next to the email address you wish to change. This should take you to a new screen that gives you the option to change the password of the email address. 

Let us know how you are getting on. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos