Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (666 Views)

Cant access my virgin.net email

I recently purchased a new pc and had to download iTunes which was automatically logged in on my old pc. On entering my password I was told it was wrong and need to access my virgin.net emails to reset it. I have answered my virgin.net security questions but am told they are wrong which cannot be the case. Mothers maiden name etc. Can somebody please help me with this as I feel very let down by VIRGIN and if I cannot gain access to my virgin.net account I have lost £££££ literally thousands of pounds of music collected over nearly a decade!!! PLEASE HELP????

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 4 of 4 (1,299 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by dazdazlin
‎20-03-2017 14:34

Re: Cant access my virgin.net email

We think (but we do not know) that VM have been purging those accounts which are not associated with a paid for VM BB account - as they are perfectly entitled to do. VM addresses are reserved only for people who are paying VM for BB. Virgin.net accounts which date from the dial-up period are regularly purged from the system. And as they say when they've gone they've gone. Usually what happens is that web mail access goes first but access via an e-mail client remains for a bit longer as the servers get updated over a period of time. If you move quickly you may still have enough access time to resolve your issues and move to a new e-mail address.

All you describe is symptomatic of this - I am sorry to say.

You can wait here for the Forum Team to pick up on this thread and confirm what has happened to your address. Or , more sensibly, you can phone 0345 454 1111 (stay on the line till the menu options clear) and ask directly.

On the other hand the whole VM web mail system is currently in a shocking state so you might be a victim of that. But given the description of the symptoms I fear the worst for you has happened.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 4 (664 Views)

Before we go any further with this answer this simple question - do you have a paid for VM broadband account? If you don't you may be in serious trouble. But let us not run before we can walk.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (661 Views)

No I do not, I moved in with my partner and she was already with another provider.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 4 (1,300 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by dazdazlin
‎20-03-2017 14:34

We think (but we do not know) that VM have been purging those accounts which are not associated with a paid for VM BB account - as they are perfectly entitled to do. VM addresses are reserved only for people who are paying VM for BB. Virgin.net accounts which date from the dial-up period are regularly purged from the system. And as they say when they've gone they've gone. Usually what happens is that web mail access goes first but access via an e-mail client remains for a bit longer as the servers get updated over a period of time. If you move quickly you may still have enough access time to resolve your issues and move to a new e-mail address.

All you describe is symptomatic of this - I am sorry to say.

You can wait here for the Forum Team to pick up on this thread and confirm what has happened to your address. Or , more sensibly, you can phone 0345 454 1111 (stay on the line till the menu options clear) and ask directly.

On the other hand the whole VM web mail system is currently in a shocking state so you might be a victim of that. But given the description of the symptoms I fear the worst for you has happened.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos