Menu
TZUser
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cant Send Email

This made me laugh, I get a message to sign onto this forum saying send an email to confirm my email address, but the compliant is exactly that, I CANT SEND EMAILS.......!!! I trust this forum will be responded to by a Virgin rep as I tried all day yesterday to contact them on a 'chat' from 08.00am (on the dot) but all day their agents were busy and I was told to try later.

I've been receiving the following message from "Outlook" most of the week and this must be fixed ASAP as I use their service for business. I have a similar message when trying to send from my iPhone:

Task 'xxxxxxx@ntlworld.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 554 know-smtprelay-6-imp bizsmtp IP Blacklisted (VM504)'

I use smtp.ntlworld.com and have tried to change to smtp.virginmedia.com and get the same problem, all other settings are correct.

Please advise when this problem will be fixed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant Send Email

Hi TZUser,

So sorry for the problems you're having. From what you've reported so far it would appear that your IP address has been blacklisted and is thus being prevented from sending mail by our SMTP relays.

I would like to look into this further for you, to see if we can determine what, where and why. I'll send you a PM in a moment (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting the Header data for our inspection.

Please reply when you can and we'll see what help or advice we can offer. But thanks for finding your way to our Forum, hope you'll forgive us the delayed response time Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos