Menu
Greglang
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot send emails

I am in India using my iPad with an Indian Sim to send and receive emails. This has been working fine for the last 3 days but today it stopped sending emails but is still receiving. I have been on the help forum and followed the instructions to reset the email account but it still won't send emails. I get a message saying the re ipient has been rejected, including me when I try sending to myself. It does send from the web mail. Can anyone help or advise me as I really need to be able to send emails. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send emails

Use web mail. You are in area which Virgin media will recognise as prone to sending spam. So you have probably fallen foul of of VM's anti-spam measures restricting sends from non-VM IP addresses abroad. Should correct itself in 24 hours. You have not given enough information to properly diagnose - we need to know the exact error message if you are seeing if any. However as you are so far away and have a means to send and receive mail let's leave it there.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You've actually hit the nail on the head Howard.

Unfortunately the Ipad doesn't give any meaningful error messages.  But because the error message says the recipient has been rejected, it's a safe bet that it's a 452 (VM501 or 502) error.  Especially as the sender is in India.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Greglang
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. The following I could indeed send emails as you suggested it did take 24 hours. However today it is just putting a copy in the outbox and not sending. Do I just need to wait rather than do anything. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes don't use the client at all. Stick to web mail while you are in India. You'll violate the very low client sending limits every day.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos