Menu
Jewel1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cannot log into VM account

Hi,  Cannot log into my Virgin Media account. Is anyone else experiencing any issues?

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot log into VM account

The straight answer is "yes".

But to give us a reasonable chance of solving your problem, you'll have to give us a reasonable amount of explanation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Jewel1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What explanation do you need? Correct user/email name and password inputted and validation accepted. Cannot log in.

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Jewel1 wrote:

What explanation do you need?

Are there any error messages? Can you post a screenshot (we can't see what you see)?

Presumably you do have live, paid for, VM broadband account. Is there anything in the sticky post at the following link that applies in your case?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And if you want to know why a one line question without any useful information won't cut the mustard read this thread and my two posts about what might be happening and you'll soon realise that we do not ask for information lightly and neither are we mind readers. We are customers and users like you trying to help the best we can. This is not a dedicated VM technical support forum:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/My-virgin-net-email-is-blocked-hacked/td-p/3548135/page/2

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SDC wrote:

Jewel1 wrote:

What explanation do you need?

Are there any error messages? Can you post a screenshot (we can't see what you see)?

Presumably you do have live, paid for, VM broadband account. Is there anything in the sticky post at the following link that applies in your case?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

Further to that and further to Howard's post...

When you say "Cannot log into my Virgin Media account" do you mean that you can't get into My Virgin Media online or that you can't check your emails via webmail or using an email client?

What sort of device(s) are you using?

Are you trying to log in using the credentials for your primary account?

Have you tried changing your password?

Have you received notification that your account has been blocked?

With such a dearth of info, the list of questions that we could ask could be extensive.

0 Kudos
Jewel1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried now and it works.  This was a VM online account. Accessed by a Samsung laptop. When email and password was entered green ticks appeared accepting the information given then nothing. No notifications that there were issues with my account.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Green ticks mean that you've entered a username and password that appears to be acceptable.  Not that they are correct.

However if it's working for you now all well and good.  Post back if you have any more difficulties.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos